Filmmaker Insights Symposium
The Reel Shorts Film Society, in collaboration with PRIMAA (Peace Region Independent Media Arts Association), presents a two-day Filmmaker Insights Symposium that provides opportunities to learn from acclaimed filmmakers during two half-day workshops and two 45-minute panels. Aspiring and emerging filmmakers will develop their skills in cinematic storytelling techniques and gain insight into the new frontier of virtual reality and transmedia.
Workshops and panels take place at the Ernie Radbourne Pavilion – see Locations for more info.
Saturday, May 13
- 10:30am – 2:00pm: Storytelling Within a Virtual Reality Environment workshop (includes a half-hour lunch break)
- 2:30 – 3:15pm: The Future of Storytelling: VR, Transmedia, and the Changing Filmmaking Landscape panel
Sunday, May 14
- 1:30 – 4:30pm: Anatomy of a Scene: Directing Actors by Blocking to the Camera workshop
- 5:00 – 5:45pm: The Director’s Creative Process panel
Monday, May 15
- 6:00 – 9:00pm: Anatomy of a Scene: Directing Actors by Blocking to the Camera workshop