Filmmaker Insights Symposium
Posted by Terry on April 21, 2017
Aspiring and emerging filmmakers can develop their skills in cinematic storytelling techniques and gain insight into the new frontier of virtual reality and transmedia through a two-day Filmmaker Insights Symposium May 13-15 at the Ernie Radbourne Pavilion (see Locations). Presented in collaboration with PRIMAA (Peace Region Independent Media Arts Association), jury members Scott Belyea, Gordie Haakstad, and Dylan Pearce share their knowledge and experience during the following workshops and panels.
Saturday, May 13
- 10:30am – 2:00pm: Storytelling Within a Virtual Reality Environment workshop (includes a half-hour lunch break)
- 2:30 – 3:15pm: The Future of Storytelling: VR, Transmedia, and the Changing Filmmaking Landscape panel
Sunday, May 14
- 1:30 – 4:30pm: Anatomy of a Scene: Directing Actors by Blocking to the Camera workshop
- 5:00 – 5:45pm: The Director’s Creative Process panel
Monday, May 15
- 6:00 – 9:00pm: Anatomy of a Scene: Directing Actors by Blocking to the Camera workshop
Cody Blue Snider presents his Filmmaker Insights workshop, Fool’s Day – Concept to Creation (Making an Award-Winning Short) at the 2015 fest.