10 Short Films for Halloween that are Sure to Scare Your Shorts Off
Posted by Steph on October 29, 2016
Halloween is just around the corner and ’tis the season to leave your lights on, sleep with a teddy bear and wear extra-absorbent underwear. Check out this selection of our top horror short films to put a little spook in your life. Warning: do not watch alone. Some films may contain violence, gore, sexual content and/or language.
1. Best ʺIt Could Happen to Youʺ – FestEvil – 14+ (Coarse Language, Violence)
Dangit, I used to have such good memories of tenting.
2. Creepiest Fitness Flick – The Jogger – 14+ (Coarse Language, Violence)
I knew exercise was bad for you!
3. Best ʺDon’t Go to Sleepʺ – Hungry Hickory – 10+ (Frightening Scenes)
I’m sure we all remember sleeping in a creepy room at one time in our lives. Most of the time it’s an active imagination…
4. Best Jump-Inducing Horror – Lights Out – 10+ (Frightening Scenes)
Proof that it doesn’t take much to make a person pee a little.
5. Best Ladies in Horror – The Pearce Sisters – 14A
Sisters share a special bond. This one’s special alright.
6. Best Dog in a Leading Role – Off Season – 14A
End of the world getting you down? Well at least you’re not this guy.
7. Best HorRom (Also Best Zombie Kiss) – Rotting Hill – 14+ (Gory Violence)
Some people feel horrors are always lacking that one essential component: true love!
8. Most Terrifying Monster – Don’t Move – 14+ (Gory Violence)
Holy cow! Right out of a Guillermo del Toro movie.
9. Most Lovable Psychopath – Six Shooter – 14A (Coarse Language, Violence, Mature Theme)
Me mam always told me not to trust them fast-talkin’ charmers.
10. Best Eco-Horror – Treevenge – 14A (Coarse Language, Violence, Gory Scenes)
I’ll be getting a plastic Christmas tree this year.
11. Honourable Mention: Cutest Little Horror – BlinkyTM – 10+ (Violence)
Is it weird I was rooting for Blinky?