Yeah, yeah Valentine’s Day sucks. But short films do not! Here’s a little something for everyone whether you’re a die-hard romantic, a cold-hearted cynic, or you simply like to have a giggle. These films show why love is the best, why it’s the worst, and why it can be downright weird.
1. Best Tribute to Star Wars – George Lucas in Love
This might be the best Star Wars spinoff yet! Click here to see how it all began.
2. Best Seniors to Aspire to – The Wednesdays – 14A (Substance Abuse)
Someone once told me love is like a drug. This couple certainly thinks so.
3. Best Oblivious Love – Symmetrical Desires (Les dÃ©sordres symÃ©triques) – G
When love is slapping you right in the the face…
4. Best Unusual Love – The Fan and the Flower
Sometimes you can’t help who you fall in love with.
5. Best Tearjerker – Danny & Annie – 5+
“I walk in with you alone, I walk out with you alone.”
6. Best Behind the Scenes – Table 7 – PG
I’ve always said cookies make the world go round.
7. Best “You Can’t Tear Your Eyes Away” – Flawed – PG
Self-realization may be a drag, but if it means you can create stuff like this? Well sure.
8. Best “Oops” – The Cake – PG
Be careful with those proposals.
9. Best “Worst Apology” – Spider – PG
Be careful with those apologies.
10. Best Post-Apocalyptic Synth Rock – After the End – 14+ (Crude Content, Sexual Content, Nudity)
Love motivates us all, doesn’t it, whether it’s your partner, your pet or your…blow-up doll?