Halloween is just around the corner and ’tis the season to leave your lights on, sleep with a teddy bear and wear extra-absorbent underwear. Check out this selection of our top horror short films to put a little spook in your life. Warning: do not watch alone. Some films may containÂ violence, gore, sexual content and/or language.
1. Best ÊºIt Could Happen to YouÊº – FestEvil – 14+ (Coarse Language, Violence)
Dangit, I used to have such good memories of tenting.
2. Creepiest Fitness Flick – The Jogger – 14+ (Coarse Language, Violence)
I knew exercise was bad for you!
3. Best ÊºDon’t Go to SleepÊº – Hungry Hickory – 10+ (Frightening Scenes)
I’m sure we all remember sleeping in a creepy room at one time in our lives. Most of the time it’s an active imagination…
4. Best Jump-Inducing Horror – Lights Out – 10+ (Frightening Scenes)
Proof that it doesn’t take much to make a person pee a little.
5. Best Ladies in Horror – The Pearce Sisters – 14A
Sisters share a special bond. This one’s special alright.
6. Best Dog in a Leading Role – Off Season – 14A
End of the world getting you down? Well at least you’re not this guy.
7. Best HorRom (Also Best Zombie Kiss) – Rotting Hill – 14+ (Gory Violence)
Some people feel horrors are always lacking that one essential component: true love!
8. Most Terrifying Monster – Don’t Move – 14+ (Gory Violence)
Holy cow! Right out of a Guillermo del Toro movie.
9. Most Lovable Psychopath – Six Shooter – 14A (Coarse Language, Violence, Mature Theme)
Me mam always told me not to trust them fast-talkin’ charmers.
10. Best Eco-Horror – Treevenge – 14A (Coarse Language, Violence, Gory Scenes)
I’ll be getting a plastic Christmas tree this year.
11. Honourable Mention: Cutest Little Horror – BlinkyTM – 10+ (Violence)
Is it weird I was rooting for Blinky?